Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Bigger Picture

Some of you may have seen my Instagram photos I took of such unbelievably beautiful skies...it's just hard to believe the same God who created them knows the number of hairs on my head...here's a few if you haven't seen them :)








None of these were edited, altered, or filtered in any way. That's how awesome our God is!! He doesn't need any, because His work is already perfect...

What my future holds as one who has surrendered to the call to missions tends to be at the front of my mind at all times. I admit that I am in constant worry about what will happen. Where will he send me? What will he ask me to do? To give up?

And then I look beyond myself to the bigger picture...His picture. The one HE breathed into existence. HE is in control, thankfully, not me. He knows what's best, so why should I worry?

The things I'll miss, leave behind, give up, may cause pain - WILL cause pain - but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to experience the fulfillment and joy of following God's will for my life rather than my own! His good, pleasing, and perfect will...

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." James 1:2

"Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for My sake will find it." Matt. 10:39


No comments:

Post a Comment